Hello my friends! Today I thought I would share a tasty treat that makes for a great combination with tea or just to satisfy that sweet tooth. It’s an almond shortbread cookie. Take a peek through the pictures and if your mouth starts to water, try it out with the recipe at the bottom!
1 cup of millet flour
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1 cup of unsalted butter (You can also opt for coconut oil or vegan alternatives)
1 teaspoon of almond extract
3/4 cup of powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt (only with unsalted butter)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix powdered sugar, all-purpose flour, millet flour, and salt together in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, mix butter and almond extract together (creamy texture)
- Add dry ingredients to the butter and almond extract and mix evenly (I prefer using my hands as it’s easier to mix)
- Press dough into a oven-safe pan with about 1/2 an inch of thickness
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Keep an eye out because time will vary depending on the thickness
- Let cool, cut, decorate and enjoy 🙂
- I decorated with melted Godiva dark-chocolate and homemade vanilla frosting.
- Frosting: Powdered sugar, creamy butter, and two drops of food coloring.
TIP: You can add dry fruits, nuts, etc. to the cookies if you want to have a variety. Just mix with the dry ingredients at the beginning.
EXTRA TIP: Get creative and make cut-out cookies with your favorite shapes. This will be great during the holidays!
I’d like to thank Love&Lemons blog for this recipe.
Let me know how your creations turn out. And if you have any questions leave comments below!