Hello all! Wow, I have been absent from the blogging world for quite some time now. So much has been happening, from travels to home projects to rotations. Don’t worry though, I’ve been documenting and will soon share all this excitement! You know those days when you get inspired to blog about something, but you’re really busy and so you’ll blog it later. Then, something else inspires you and then you’ll blog about that later too. And the cycle continues to go on and on, until you have a whole bunch of unpublished work and nothing to show for it. Well that’s me right now. Let’s hope this post is the end of that cycle! Anyways, on to the point of this post.
I’ve recently been quite addicted to the app RetailMeNot. I mean, there are loads and loads of coupons, how could I not be? But seriously, it’s a great app and if you’re a smart shopper or want to be, I highly recommend it. So, just last week I discovered something from Origins, a free 20 minute facial with no purchase necessary. I was like what? Let me read the fine print. And it said it, plain and simple, just like that. So of course I had to go. I then went into Dillard’s and asked the people at the Origins counter if this coupon would be accepted here and she just of course. The ladies were so lovely and the one that was going to be working with me had sat me down in this quite comfortable lounge chair. While I was waiting, I happened to notice Origins does this 20 minute facial all the time, even without the coupon. Basically the intention is, they want to learn about your skin type and modify the facial to fit your skin needs. Then they will give you a bunch of samples based on the products they think would work best for your skin type. The amazing part is, the sample pots are adorable and literally enough to last at least 2-3 weeks (maybe even more).
My main skin concern is dark spots. In high school (when you’re supposed to get acne, or so they say), I literally had none. Maybe a spot or two a month, but it would go away quickly. However, once I started college my skin went crazy and I would get spots and scars everywhere. I eat very well, exercise, drink plenty of water, make sure to use proper products that aren’t harsh on my skin, etc etc. However, my skin is still going haywire. But that’s okay, these imperfections are what makes us who were are!
But moving on, I had voiced this concern with the woman that was working with me. And she had recommended quite a few great products that I’ve been using for about a week that have made my skin feel so great.
1. Checks and Balances (Facial Cleanser) — Great for combination skin. It has Leaf Kelp Extract as well as Wheat Protein, which helps with oily and dry zones. It also smells great, with scents of spearmint, lavender, and bergamot. I really feel a difference in how clean and smooth my face feels after using this cleanser, twice daily of course.
2. Make A Difference (Moisturizer) — Helps retain such great moisture within the skin, to help it look and feel fresh and smooth. And a little goes a long way. It smells great also!
3. Modern Friction (Exfoliate) — This product consists of Rice Starch and Lemon Oil that help with at home dermabrasion. I use it twice a week, and my skin feels so much softer because of it. I’ve always been really bad about keeping a bi-weekly exfoliant, I typically forget or just get lazy. And from the reading I’ve done, this step is quite important, especially for those of you who are like me and suffer from scarring.
4. Out of Trouble (Mask) — This mask works great, and the best part is you don’t even have to use it as a full face mask. It works even better if just used on those acne spots that you need to get rid of quick. Obviously, the acne won’t go away overnight, but it will definitely lessen itself after using this mask. It has Zinc Oxide and Camphor. The camphor makes it smell like Vicks vapor rub, but I actually like that smell and find it relaxing.
5. Clear Improvement (Mask) — This mask (although I have not used yet) claims to work great at clearing pores. It contains Bamboo Charcoal and White China Clay. I love clay masks and find them to work great. As for charcoal, I’ve heard many great things about its effect on acne, so I’m really excited to try this mask out.
6. CC Cream (02 Medium to Deep) — I was able to try this on at the store, and it really left my skin looking healthy and radiant without the feel of heavy makeup, which I absolutely dislike.
Like I said, this free pamper session was so worth it. She even put this relaxing oil on my temples and massaged in that area. It felt so nice, especially since I came straight from work. I definitely recommend going into Origins and checking out their products. Besides, you have nothing to lose. If it’s too expensive, at least you’ll go home with a box of samples and who knows maybe you’ll love them so much you’ll just have to buy it! I think the best part of this experience was that she was just really helpful, not pushy at all towards having my buy something or anything of the sort. She genuinely wanted me to just try out the products and come back if I liked them and if they didn’t work she even said we’ll try some other products and I can take those home as samples. How lovely is that!?
So I hope this post was insightful and for those of you who go to Origins, I hope you have just as great of an experience as I did! I can’t believe I just discovered this, but I’m so glad I did. If you have any questions or comments I’d love to hear!
Thanks for reading!