Hey guys! So one of my favorite grain-like foods is quinoa. Filled with protein, fiber, and other essential nutrients, it makes for a great meal. I think the best thing about quinoa is the endless number of possibilities there are when it comes to creating meals. Today, I thought I’d share a quick and easy meal (great if you’re a college student or always on the run) with quinoa.
1. You’ll want to cook your quinoa ( 1 cup of quinoa with about 1.5 – 2 cups of water). Make sure to rinse the quinoa before cooking, this will remove the bitter layer that surrounds the quinoa seeds. Let the water begin to boil with the quinoa in and then cover the lid. It should take about 20 minutes to cook, but this time varies so make sure you keep an eye on the quinoa so it doesn’t dry out.
2. Add some grated garlic, and any herbs and spices you prefer (I added some Oregano leaves) to give the quinoa a bit more taste. (optional)
3. Saute some garlic and broccoli with very light salt and half a teaspoon of cumin seeds. (cooked well)
4. Drain the quinoa if there is still water remaining in the pot with a strainer.
5. Mix the sauteed vegetables with the quinoa and add a bit of cilantro on top and voila!
Hope you enjoyed this post, leave any comments or questions below!
Thanks for reading 🙂