Hello! So I was recently nominated for a Liebster Award from the lovely Simona.
Click the link to check our her blog, it’s great! Thanks Simona!
So I’m not sure how this works, but I read somewhere that 11 facts about yourself should be included, so here are some random facts:
1. I love tea.
2. I have an obsession with Anthropologie, but have yet to purchase something from there.
3. I could go on roller coasters all day long if it were possible.
4. My goal in life is to inspire others.
5. I’ve been a vegetarian my whole life and am considering the vegan life.
6. I’m really into indie music. Currently, Daughter has been playing nonstop for me.
7. I want to backpack all through Europe one day.
8. I’m introverted, awkward and clumsy. Great combination.
9. I enjoy discovering natural remedies and fixes to every day problems from beauty to minor health ailments.
10. I absolutely love yoga and running.
11. I’ve only told a few people I know that I blog; not sure if I’m ready to tell everyone yet.
And here are my answers to the questions :-):
1. What is your favourite fruit?
Oh wow, this one is hard. There are so many fruits I enjoy eating, practically all of them actually. Well at least the ones I’ve had the opportunity to taste. But I think if I had to narrow it down, it would have to be between two. Mangoes and persimmons. Nomnomnom.
2. What was your first sewing project? Do you still have it?
My first sewing project was when I was still in elementary school. It was a little bag I made to carry all my sewing tools. Sadly though, I have no idea where it’s run off to. Probably hidden in a box somewhere at home. I was quite proud of that little project, showed everyone that came over.
3. If you followed the Great British Sewing Bee, which was your favourite contestant and why? (Both seasons included).
I have not watched this show, but I just looked it up and sounds intense. May I’ll have a go at a season.
4. What is the last crafty book you last purchased?
I honestly can’t remember the last crafty book I’ve purchased. Last book, well actually two books, in general I purchased were The Hobbit and A Game of Thrones. But with crafty books, I tend to browse online and head to our library and take a look at everything. For me, I don’t think there’s just one book that has everything you want. I always have to look through multiple ones to get the answer or the inspiration I need; so I prefer to just go to the library and take a look.
5. Is anyone in your family involved in your craft activities or they just enjoy your makes?
I like to share my progress with my mom who makes comments here and there and shares advice, but other than that it’s just me.
6. What is the most complicated project you made ? Please describe in a few words the project.
I think the most complicated project was the recent circle skirt I made. My fabric was cut more as a rectangle than a square, so I was not able to just fold the fabric a certain way a snip. I had to maneuver the pattern I created a certain way on the fabric and create 4 panels that had to be sewn together. This doesn’t sound tough, but I’ve been on a bit of a sewing hiatus until now. So getting back into it was a bit of a challenge, but one I’ve overcome!
7. If you could design the costumes for a movie/TV series, which one would you pick?
Oh wow, this one is tough too. I think I’d have to say Downton Abbey. I absolutely adore everything they wear on that show. That time period had so many classic looks that would be so amazing to go back to.
8. Are you a selfish seamstress or not? (by this I mean are you sewing for yourself mostly or make stuff for others as well).
For now I’m a bit selfish, but mostly because, like I said before, I’m still getting back into sewing. However, once I get comfortable again I want to be able to sew things for others and share it all.
9. What is the most exciting place you ever visited/lived?
Back when I was in junior high, we traveled to Vancouver, Canada for a week. It was beautiful. The scenery, the ambiance, so tranquil.
10. How often do you buy fabric and never end up using it?
I’m pretty good about buying fabric and using it. I like to plan ahead and make sure what I buy is what I wanted so nothing goes to waste.
11. Sewing wise, what is the thing you would most like to have?
I would love to have a manikin. When I made the circle skirt I would have to keep pausing to try it on and make sure my measurements were correct; however, if I had a manikin it would make life so much easier. It’s definitely on my purchase list.
Now my nominees are:
6. Silk & Chic
8. Park Sora
11. Rosie Pepperoni
Okay my turn, here are my questions to the nominees:
1. How and when did you decide you wanted to be a blogger?
2. What’s one piece of advice you would give to new bloggers or yourself when you first started blogging?
3. What are some of your hobbies?
4. If there’s one thing in life you’ve always wanted to do, what is it?
5. Who’s your favorite musician?
6. Tell us about an adventure you had.
7. What is a favorite post that you’ve written? Link, please :-).
8. What has been your biggest achievement in life thus far?
9. Who inspires you?
10. If you could live in another time period, which would you chose? Why?
11. What are you most excited about this spring/summer?
And the rules are:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger that presented the award and provide a link to their blog.
3. Tell us 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Answer the 11 questions asked.
5. Nominate 11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have less 400 followers.
6. Ask your nominees 11 questions.
Thanks for reading!